Monday, March 17, 2008

World of Warcraft

So with a little social experiment in the tube, I figured that I would post my thoughts in a place where few would read them.

I have read through my colleagues blogs and found them to be fantastic...I hope this is what Kristin feels like reading through these.

My critique of myself...I probably should have created more direction. I mostly let the 'players' go, and due to that I likely stunted their enjoyment.

Things that I should have done:
1) Explicitly stated the procedure for grouping. I have a feeling that having 'players' meet in game would have helped many enjoy the game more.
2) Described how geography limits the ability to group. This is something that I think is a learning experience as well as a teaching point, but should be balanced against the enjoyment that the participants could possibly lose.
3) Placed myself in a position to aid more often and earlier. I feel really bad about leaving the 'players' out in the cold, so to speak. Without any sort of mentoring I should guess that the game can feel sort of brutal.

These are but the tip of the iceberg and slams home the point that teaching is very much about learning.

~S~

No comments: